Link to document (pdf, 161 kB)
BONUS Forum 2011 is convened on 24 October in Gdansk, Poland and shares a mutual stakeholder platform with the EU Baltic Sea Region Strategy and Baltic Development Forum conference taking place in Gdansk on 24-26 October 2011.
The BONUS Forum will showcase the latest knowledge produced by the BONUS+ projects that are ending in 2011.
During the panel sessions, the 16 BONUS+ project coordinators will share results on themes related to multiple risks and stressors, past and future scenarios of the Baltic Sea, eutrophication and biodiversity.
What are the aims:
The BONUS Forum 2011 aims to encourage and ensure that the links between the BONUS+ results and important policy processes across the region are transparent. Moreover, that the knowledge generated is used appropriately in the valuable work across different sectors in efforts to ensure a better future of the Baltic Sea region.
Who should attend:
Representatives of ministries across sectoral borders of the nine Baltic Sea countries — environment, transport, agriculture, forestry and science — who are dealing with marine and maritime issues.
Participants will have an opportunity to:
- access to the latest information and research related to the Baltic Sea region
- gain a good insight to the 16 individual BONUS+ projects through presentations, posters and briefings
- discuss strategic and practical implications and possibilities as key end-users of the new knowledge
- share ideas and practice with a network of colleagues from the nine Baltic Sea countries
- obtain information about the new, competitive BONUS calls; the first call will open in December 2011
- attend a wine reception where the award for the best BONUS+ public engagement activity will be announced
Baltic Nest Institute BONUS projects